Breakfast & Learn Workshop: The ABCs of college admissions are not just Amherst, Brown, and Columbia – Navigating The US College Admissions Process
Carole Bird will share information to understand the admissions process and explain the importance of selecting colleges and universities that are a good fit for your child.
When speaking about US universities, schools such as Amherst, Brown, and Columbia have great name recognition.
However, they are only three of over 3,000 universities in the US, and these schools may not be the best choices for many students. The college admissions process is complex, and choosing schools that are a good fit for your child can help ensure they are happy and thriving in their ideal environment. Getting admitted requires navigating a complex, multi-faceted process that differs from admissions in most other countries.
Join us to learn more about both the environment at schools as well as the admissions process, including:
- Important ABCs to consider when starting the US college application process.
- How a small liberal arts college could be better suited to your child than a large university?
- Trends in college admission.
- How difficult is it to get admitted as an international student?
- How is the rise in stealth applications influencing admissions offices?
- How significant a role do extra-curricular activities play in the admissions process?
- Case studies of actual Hong Kong students (past clients) who have achieved admission to great schools.
- Key factors admissions committees are looking for in applicants.
- Ways to prepare and timing for the application process.
First 15-20 minutes is for networking
Light breakfast included
When: Tuesday, March 10th, 8am-9:30am
Where: The American Chamber of Commerce in HK, 1904 Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Central
Cost: Members – HK$180, Nonmembers – HK$300
RSVP: AmCham registration